Navigation

Sunday, September 23, 2012

La Cuisine... Apple & Pear Quiche


Fall has finally come. This usally means: lots of apples to "work" with. They are my favourite fruits and I just love all sorts of apple pie or strudel. Just 2 weeks ago I found the new Spar magazine Mahlzeit! in my mailbox and it reminded me that I haven't used my quiche form for far too long already... It added perfectly to the fact that I had some ripe apples at home that needed to be eaten... I rather frequently look for recipes to use up ingredients I've got at home already and I'm always happy to try out something new. This one sounded very quick and easy which was great because I did not have too much time that day... And it turned out exceptionally well. 



Apple & Pear Quiche

Pastry dough
250g finely ground flour
1/2 tsp salt
120g butter, room temperature
60g icing sugar
extra flour for developing

Filling
4 medium apples
4 medium pears
1T cinnamon
250ml whipped cream
90g brown sugar
2cl brown rum
3 egg yolks
1. For the pastry dough, knead all ingredients into a dough together with 3-4T cold water. Add extra flour if needed for texture. Roll the dough out onto a floured work surface. Put into the greased quiche form, slightly press and cut off protruding edges and put into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.

2. Peel apples and pears, cut into halves and remove their cores. Cut into rather thin slices. Arrange circularly on the pastry dough (for this you sometimes wish for a 3rd hand - especially in the beginning of the outer circles... ^_^ ). Mix 2T  brown sugar with cinnamon and pour over the fruits.

3. Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F).

4. Mix whipped cream with the rest of sugar. Stir in rum and egg yolks and pour over the fruits. 

5. Bake on medium shelf for 40-45 minutes. You may cover the quiche with aluminium foil after 3/4 of baking time.

6. Let quiche cool off a bit and sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve still (luke)warm or cold with whipped cream.

Bon appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails