Navigation

Monday, February 13, 2012

Strictly Ballroom...

On Friday, February 10, Ines and I went to the Wiener Kaffeesieder Ball at the Hofburg (former imperial palace). I haven't been at a ball for ages and it was absolutely awesome. Imagine, 11 years ago I was among the opening committee. I even got one of those beautiful little Swarovski tiaras... My feet were killing me when I went home (sometime around 3AM) and it was freezing cold outside and my eyes were dry and burning (the tiny handbag matching my gown (both brand new) was too small to fit in my glasses so I had to endure with contact lenses - and it was so hot inside). And the present for the ladies was really cool, too. Ines and I were participating at the Quadrille and also dacing the Polka (it's really hard to grab your partner, dress and handbag at the same time while galloping around the ball room...)

Here are some picture for you... Don't we look absolutely fabulous?! 


 The Ballroom

 Disco right under the rooftop

 me...

 again... studying the program...

 Ines...

 Midnight Quadrille...

 At the impressive stairway...

 some close-up's... 

 2 Chesire Cats...

 Queens of the Night...

 Pretty in Pink...

 obviously having lots of fun...

 Posing for the camera...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails